12 Mar Tips to Apply for German Job Seeker Visa
The German visa for job seekers is attracting many skilled laborers to work and settle in Germany for a long period. It is one of the most thriving options for professionals from all backgrounds. Especially the tech-savvy engineers and scientists have a bright future in the German labor market.
What is Germany Job Seeker Visa?
The German Federal Government initiated the German visa for job seekers to invigorate and welcome qualified immigrants into the country. It helps the migrants find a job in their respective fields and settle for the long-term. This visa basically allows a skilled laborer to enter Germany, travel across the country and find a job of their wish.
What is the Eligibility Criteria?
Certain eligibility criteria have to be met to be able to apply for the German visa for job seekers. It includes:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree from a recognized University in any subject.
- A minimum of 5 years of work experience in a field that is in high demand in Germany.
- Ample funds to show that you can sustain on your own without depending upon the Government or any other body.
- Health coverage plan to take care of the expenses related to your health until you get a German work permit.
What is the Process to Apply?
It is one of the simplest and involves a 5-step process to get a German Visa for job seekers.
- Fill in the application form meant for job seekers carefully, print it and sign the same. Don’t forget to thoroughly check the form before submitting it.
- Book an appointment immediately with the German Embassy located in your resident country. Please bear in mind that your appointment date can fall even after 3 months.
- Keep all the documents mentioned in the document checklist ready. It can be only in English or German.
- Be in the German Embassy on time on the day of your appointment. Ensure that you are carrying all the related documents along with you.
- Fees for the German job seeker visa has to be paid in the embassy. Keep the fees receipt for the visa application safe.
What is the Processing Time?
The processing time of Germany visas for job seekers takes approximately 4 – 6 weeks according to the German Consulate’s general rule. This time differs from person to person and case to case. It majorly depends upon the time you take to collect and submit all the related documents needed for visa processing.
What is the Cost Involved in this Visa Process?
For any type of visa, anywhere around the globe, some costs would be incurred. In Germany, the visa processing cost is comparatively cheaper than a few other European countries. The visa fees would cost you around INR 4000 to 6000 or 40 to 60 Euros. The documentation verification fees would be around INR 30,000 to 50,000 as it keeps changing from time to time.
What are the Documents Required?
The important documents that you need to be ready with while applying for the Germany visa for job seekers are as follows:
- Filled in job seeker application form
- A valid passport and a copy of the same
- 3 passport size photos
- Updated CV and cover letter
- Educational and professional certificates
- Proof of accommodation
- Health insurance for the duration of stay
- Financial resource proof such as bank statement, sponsorship letter from the sponsor and blocked bank account.
So, if you want to settle and kick start your career in Germany, then a German visa for job seekers would be a great opportunity. Once you find a job within 6 months in a job seeker visa, you can apply for EU Blue Card or Employment Resident Permit based on the category you fall in and the score you get.
I hope you enjoyed reading this post and definitely tempted to start your visa process immediately. Don’t worry, our team of experienced professionals would guide you through the process and assist you in getting the job seeker visa as quickly as possible. Contact us today and don’t forget to leave your German job seeker visa application experience below